February 6, 2013
Onion/Shallot Thoran ( Kerala)
Very unique as far as I am concerned and very tasty. I do not know why I got to know about it so late. However better late than never.
2-big red onions, chopped finely
1-teaspoon chana dal (Bengal gram)
1/2-teaspoon mustard seeds
1-green chili chopped
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Add mustard seeds and fry
3. Add chana dal, half of the curry leaves and fry until dal is light brown
4. Add onion, green chili, salt and fry until onions are soft
5. Add coconut and rest of the curry leaves
6. Cook for while, 5 mins
7. Serve as salad or as accompaniment with other main course
For regular update from my blog, please visit my face book pagepet pujo and adda and click ‘like’. Also, follow me at my blog here. I am featured at Networkedblogs. You can also leave your comments here. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. Hope to see you again!